Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Bible lessons from a 3 year old

Last night, Eden was insistent that I stay in her room after the girls were put to bed. After about a half hour of back and forth, I finally gave in and just took my book into her room and lay on her floor waiting for her to fall asleep. As she laid in bed and read her book aloud, this is what I learned:
• Adam and Eve lived in Wonderland
• The animals all came one by one to visit Noah on the boat
•God sent a really big storm to Wonderland
•The boat eventually came to Wonderland
•God sent a rainbow and it was beautiful

Her details may have been a little off, but I gotta tell ya.... her interpretation of the story was just as beautiful as God's original story.  Because I'm pretty sure when God was naming the Garden, it was probably a toss up between the Garden of Eden and Wonderland. What a tough decision.  And He really did send a beautiful rainbow at the end of that big storm.

Thank you, God, for your promise, your love, and the way you have filled the hearts of both of my daughters with a great love for you! AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment