Monday, August 5, 2013

the red elevator.

a few weeks ago, i was having a conversation with eden and she made a reference to something that i had no idea she knew anything about. it wasn't a big deal, really, but i just wasn't sure if someone had told her about it or if her little head just figured it out on her own.
so i asked her how she knew that...
"you told me, mommy. a long time ago."
figures. that kid's mind is like a steel trap!  she remembers everything!! so, i just mentioned that to her. i said, "eden, you remember everything, don't you?"
"yeah, mommy, i do. i remember everything you tell me. i just keep it all in my brain and then if i need to say it again, i just send my little elevator up to my brain to get it and then the elevator brings it down to my mouth. then, after i'm done with it, the elevator takes it back up to my brain!"
brilliant. i've always loved the way her mind seems to work, but now that i know about the elevator, she intrigues me even more!!
but, i couldn't just leave it at that... i needed to know how 'real' this elevator was.
"what color is your elevator, eden?"
without missing a beat:
"red."

No comments:

Post a Comment