Friday, July 12, 2013

I did. I do. I will.

10 years ago, I said I do to my best friend. I committed to spending the rest of my life with him. As long as we both shall live.
That was 3,653 days ago. We have not liked each other every one of those days (especially day 3…. Whew! That was a rough one!), but I can honestly say, as cliché as it may sound, I have loved that man with all my heart every single one of those days. And it’s true… I love him so much more today that I did the day I said ‘I will’.
10 years ago, it was just him and I taking on the world together. I think we really thought we knew it all! I am proud to say now, that we will never know it all… and that’s quite alright…. but, man, have we learned a lot together!! Marriage is hard work and I can’t think of a better person to be in the trenches with, working through it one step at a time.
I am grateful for a husband that will laugh with me. And at me. Because, let’s face it, if you can’t find it in yourself to laugh, there is a whole lot of stuff in life that will make you cry!

For better or worse      
        We’ve experienced great… but I have no doubt that there is even better ahead of us. We’ve gone through bad, but I’m sure we’ll see worse.

For richer or for poorer
                We started dirt poor. We still feel poor. But we recognize that we are rich beyond measure.
               
In sickness and in health
                I never knew what ‘sick’ could truly mean, but I’m blessed to have a husband that stuck by me right through it. And that really helps us appreciate the ‘healthy’.

To love and to cherish
        cher·ish  [cher-ish]  verb (used with object)
1. to hold or treat as dear; feel love for
2. to care for tenderly; nurture
3. to cling fondly or inveterately to

As long as we both shall live
                Yep. I often joke with him, when he does something I find a bit, um, jerkish, that it’s not that easy to get rid of me. Because I’m sticking around FOREVER.

From this....

To this....

.....I can't wait to see what the next 10 years hold.....
...one sweet day at a time...

2 comments: