Sunday, June 17, 2012

who am i?



Who am I that my God, my Father in heaven, my perfect Savior, would choose to use me to reach his people.
I am broken. I am a sinner. I am so far from 'having it all together'.  Yet, He has a use for me. I was made for a purpose. And this is one of them.
In less then 48 hours, I will be leaving LaGrange county and heading to Haiti. Words cannot describe how ready I am for this trip. I have been preparing physically, emotionally, and spiritually for nearly a year for this very moment.
I have no idea what the Lord has in store for me on this trip, but I do know that He wants me there. There have only been two times I can honestly say I have heard God speak to me. One of those times was about this trip. I was praying, desperately pleading with God, to find a way for my husband to go on this trip with us. The Lord stopped everything around me and in me and spoke so clearly, "This is YOUR trip."  That's all He said, but that is all He needed to say. At that moment I knew it was time to stop praying for my husband and start praying for me. And so I did. And the result of those prayers is a deep longing and passion to see Haiti and meet the people that live there and, above all else, show them the love of Jesus. I just hope I do a good job. That is my fear. I feel too human.... so incapable of being Jesus' hands and feet. But that is what He has called me to do.
While we are away, I covet your prayers. Prayers for safety, of course. But also pray that we will allow ourselves to be used in whatever ways God has planned for us. Pray for Rob, Carl, Don, Jen, Colleen, Heather, Hannah, Erin, Kyle, Garrett, Ian, Zak, Conner, Ethan, and myself. Also pray for the families (Parents, Spouses, and Children) that will stay behind as we head out to serve.




“Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, ‘Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?’ And I said, ‘Here am I. Send me!’”  Isaiah 6:8

For more information on the organization we will be serving with, visit cpr-3.com

Also... I would like to, again, say thank you to all my sponsors that made this trip possible, financially!!  I was so overwhelmed by the support I received!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment