Sunday, August 28, 2011

that baby in my belly.

No... this is not an announcement. Just a really funny story.
I wasn't going to write about it, but it keeps coming up in our house and I decided it deserved to be shared.

A couple weeks ago, EE and I were chatting in the evening and I told her that she was going to Miss Amanda's [the babysitter] the next day. This is the conversation that follows:
EE: "Why"
Mom: "Because I have to go to work tomorrow."
EE: "But pretty soon you will have that baby in your belly and then you won't have to go to work anymore."
Mom: shocked. "Www...ww...WHAT?"
EE: "Pretty soon you will have that baby in your belly then you won't go to work anymore!"
Mom: "But I don't have a baby in my belly."
EE: "Yes you do. And when it come out of your belly then you not have to go to work anymore."
Mom: still confused
EE: "And when you have that baby then there will be 4 girls and only 1 boy!!" *laughs*
Mom: "So the baby is going to be a girl?"
EE: "Yes, I not want a boy."
*** This conversation continues for some time. She finally confesses that Isabella's mommy is having a baby and that's where she got the idea. I have to admit, this calmed my fears a bit. She was speaking with so much confidence I was starting to fear I may have a prophet on my hands!!
So the next morning when we go to Miss Amanda's I tell her this funny story. And she tells me that Isabella's mommy is NOT having a baby!! Nobody's mommy is as far as she knows.
Yikes.
And a few days later it comes up again. She again laughs because daddy will be the only boy. And this time she has a name. We will name the baby Allison (she names ALL her babies Allison). This is named after her favorite twins, Allison and Jaren. And then she has a new insight. I'm having twins. Because she wants babies like Jaren and Allison to live at our house. But she's concerned about where everyone will sleep. Don't worry -- we got it figured out. She initially thought it would be best for daddy to just sleep in the basement with the babies. But after a little brainstorming, we figured out a way for everyone to stay upstairs. Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment