Wednesday, July 6, 2011

testing? testing?? 1, 2, 3....

Eden has officially become a tester.... she has dabbled in this a bit over the past couple years, but she is becoming quite the professional.... and she is also trying her hand at pushing Mommy's buttons and is proving to be very good at that as well!!
Last night she was rewarded for this behavior with an early bedtime, no jammie party, and no stories. I was pretty shocked when she obeyed the command to go to bed with no arguments at all!! About an hour later, she called me into her room. When I asked her what she needed, she calmly reminded me that I forgot to read her a story. And I calmly reminded her that she chose to give up story time in exchange for disobeying mommy and daddy.... maybe she'll remember this tonight....
But just in case she doesn't, pray for Nate and I as we try to patiently work through this stage....

2 comments:

  1. yeah, Jake went to bed tonight too without a story or any songs. He was not happy about that but when warned he refused to little too. Oh well, he is asleep now and will have forgotten by morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. why did I just say little. I meant refused to listen!

    ReplyDelete